TRANSFORM SOUTH JERSEY
The FAF Coalition is thrilled to announce that Woodbury was named one of six South Jersey communities to receive a $100,000 grant to cultivate and highlight the City’s “heart and soul.” Woodbury was among more than 30 towns across the South Jersey region competing for a place in this inaugural cohort.
Over two years the program’s leadership team will lay out a foundation to engage every corner of the City’s neighborhoods and communities, collecting stories and holding public discussions about what matters to them most in the City. Those stories will be transformed into an action plan to address, create stronger relationships between communities, and establish new and sustainable economic development strategies.
Transform South Jersey is a collaboration between the Community Foundation of South Jersey, the Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation, New Jersey Health Initiatives (the statewide grantmaking program of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation), the OceanFirst Foundation, the Orton Family Foundation, and the Wells Fargo Regional Community Development Corporation. Using the Orton Family Foundation’s national model, Transform South Jersey will help strengthen the social, cultural, and economic vibrancy of the selected communities.
The following have been named Transform South Jersey Heart & Soul Communities:
- Atlantic County – Hammonton, through the Hammonton Revitalization Corporation
- Burlington County – Willingboro, through the Willingboro Community Development Corporation
- Camden County – Winslow Township
- Cumberland County – Downe Township, through the Cumberland County Improvement Authority
- Gloucester County – Woodbury, through The FAF Coalition
- Salem County – Salem, through Stand Up for Salem